Today, by some miracle of God, we got out of class at 10am.
I'm so serious, this hasn't happened in forever. So the girls and I decided to celebrate! We had lunch at O'Charley's (we have been craving their rolls for at least a week!) I ordered the Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad. It's just plain delicous. I know it's not healthy, but I can't feel that bad...it's still a salad, right?
After lunch, MT, MB and I ran out to the mall! It's really sad, but I can probably count on two hands how many times I've been to the mall in the three years I've lived in this city! So sad. But, I digress. I browsed Victoria's Secret for my friend's Bachelorette Party and Lingerie Shower on Saturday. (Her future hubby is about to graduate from law school any day now, and I promise you he's going to be the governor one day. They're super patriotic, so I thought it would be cute/funny to get her something Presidential, er...Governorential?? I found the perfect thing. Cute. Red. Ruffly. And I'm making it say "First Lady" on the back. Haha! I know. It's kinda over the top, but I think she'll get a kick out of it!)
Mission accomplished in the lingerie department.
Well, as we walked through Macy's we saw this:
Here, I'll zoom in so you can get a better view of the bag lady in the background. No, not that kind of bag lady. Literally, the lady covered in plastic bags!
We giggled like second graders and MT "posed" so I could get a picture! No, Project Runway wasn't in town with a crazy challenge or anything like that. I think they were trying to get Macy's to offer reusable shopping bags in honor of Earth Day! Talk about making a statement!

9 comments:
Oh goodness... the bag lady is too funny! Way to make a statement.
Oh my - that's crazy!! I love your idea for the red first lady lingerie...so clever!! xoxo
That's so cute and creative about the lingerie - very sweet. And the bag lady, well interesting...
Wow . . . she definitely wanted to make a statement. Funny!
Make sure you post your friends reaction to your creative gift... it sounds like a perfect idea for her!
Yay for early class dismissals!! Nothing is better!
That is so funny! Good thing you got a picture. :)
what a cute idea for the lingerie! so fun!
Fun idea for the shower!
Post a Comment