Hello, all! Happy April Fool's Day!
I never was very much of a prankster...so this holiday was usually pretty uneventful for me! I don't have any stories of funny jokes or stunts of my own, but I do have a pretty silly story about an April Fool's Day from several years ago! One of the coolest radio stations in the area played "Bye, Bye, Bye" by 'Nsync non-stop 24 hours straight. They said that it was because 'Nsync was breaking up! Teenaged girls from all over the Tennessee/Kentucky border called in crying, and bawling, "It CAN'T be true!!!" In the end, it was all just an April Fool's joke, but I'm not sure if that radio station had as many loyal fans after the stunt! haha!
Anyway, I think I mentioned that my little sister "Little Miss" is in Honduras for her spring break. She is there with a group from school and a missionary/dentist on the island of Roatan. She was able to send a couple quick e-mails and it sounds like she is having a wonderful time! I also went on a dental/missions trip my first year. We flew into San Pedro Sula (apparently the airport at Tegucigalpa has a pretty scary landing!), and traveled to surrounding rural areas to provide dental care to the people there. It was such an amazing experience, and I thought I would share a few pictures from my trip! It was in December of 2006, and it was obviously a LOT warmer down there than it was back here! I think I'm sweating bullets in just about every picture, so please ignore that!
This was the view from a gorgeous open air restaurant that we stopped in for lunch.
This is the tilapia they literally caught in the lake you see in the previous picture. They catch that morning and serve fresh fish all day! So yummy!
Here I am striking a pose in one of the communities where we set up clinic.
One of the tasty lunches the local Hondurans fixed for us! It was like a quesadilla with pico de gallo. YUM! The cheese isn't anything like we have here-it's really lacy and salty! I'm craving it right now!
The outside of a school that we converted into a dental clinic for the day.
Some curious little cuties peeking in to see what all the fuss is about!
We had so much fun playing with the children while they waited for their turn! That's me smack in the middle. I wanted to pack them up and bring them back to Kentucky!
A gorgeous church in one of the surrounding communities that is actually still used for services.
These cows were everywhere! They were called "Brahmas." I loved the little baby brahma!
The man in this shot was our waterfall tour guide. A couple of us actually followed him through and under the waterfall! I'm not a risk-taker by nature, but I went for it! The beauty of the waterfall was just ridiculous! I can't describe what it looked like from underneath! Hope you enjoy a little peek into one of my most amazing travels!

6 comments:
I could use some dentist right now - cavities, cavities!
It looks beautiful there!
-E
Oh my, I want to go there NOW! Let's take a trip! = )
Oh my goodness... how pretty! I want to go too.
so glad you shared these pictures! Hubs did a medical mission there as well. we would love to serve long term in a place like Honduras.Hubs did his first extraction there and he has so many great stories about those poor kids.
what an awesome experience for you!! It looks just beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!
Those were so beautiful!
Post a Comment