
One of these days, I dream of a sweet little vegetable garden where Mr & I (and little ones) can grow our own. But, that's no time soon!
By the way, Mr just looked over my shoulder and read that last statement. hahaha! His response: "Oh, really?" This launched the following conversation about our future "little ones" and what they'll be called:
Mr: What would we call them?!
Me: Who? The Little Ones? I like lots of names!
Mr: Like what? What are some of your favorites?
Me: I don't know if I want to tell you because you'll think the names I like are old-fashioned.
Mr: (insert cute prompting smile)
Me: Well, you know I like Booker and Evelyn...
Mr: Mmmhmm
Me: And...wouldn't a little girl be cute called "Ella" or "Ellie"...you know, for Eleanor?
Mr: Uh-uh.
Me: But isn't Ellie or Ella cute??
Mr: It would still say "Eleanor" on their birth certificate. You do realize that our children are going to be a little exotic looking. Maybe they should have something like--Natasha or Gabriella?
Me: Well, I guess I'm kind of "exotic" looking...but my name is (insert very common, very traditional name here).
End of convo. Hahaha!
First of all, this conversation is particularly hilarious because the Little Ones of which we spoke are a distant future!
Secondly, we've talked about names before just for fun, so I already knew that Mr likes more "cool" names.
Third, I'm not really sure why Natasha and Gabriella are exotic-sounding names, but Mr is a boy. I think that explains some of that.
Lastly, I know that had nothing to do with the original Organic topic at hand. Just had to share.
Back to the Organic-debate. Mr and I have been talking a lot about how we can live a healthier life.
Is organic the way to go?
As you well know...we both have a 100% authentic sweet tooth, and the that strikes fear into my heart. Not only do I have a sweet tooth...I have a salty tooth that occasionally can only be satisfied with a handful of waffle fries from Chik-Fil-A. Not to mention the biscuits-and-gravy-tooth, the pizza-tooth, and the naked-pork-burrito-from-Qdoba-tooth.
It just seems like such a big step! I've heard that if you're not ready for the "big step," you should try to focus on a few changes first. Like choosing organic milk, eggs, and certain fruits. This may be a little more practical for us right now since transitioning our whole kitchen could be pretty pricey.
Which brings up another issue--the expense. When I'm strolling through Kroger, the organically grown veggies are always vastly more expensive than your run of the mill variety. Now, I do like to stop into our local Whole Foods for new cheeses or fresh sausages occasionally, but it's not my regular one stop shop.
Question is...what are your thoughts on eating organic? Have you tried it?

13 comments:
I definitely have tried to eat organic and really want to more and more. My problem is that I don't plan ahead for meals and I am always grabbing something that is easy and quick. I've got to work on this . . .
OMG this is hilarious! We have the same discussion. My hubby is a good midwestern boy with the un-tan skin to match! ;) I'm hoping my baby gets some of my color so they won't be glow in the dark in summer! lol
And I may be on the "exotic side" (i'm hispanic), my sissys and I had the most normal American names ever!!! I was like the 17th Jennifer in my graduating class! LOL
LOL!! That convo is so random...I love it! I try to eat organic a lot. I almost feel like it's worth the extra bit of money just because it seems like it makes me feel better/healthier. But we exercise and eat very healthy regularly so it may just be an OCD thing...all in my head!! hahahaha, that was no help was it?
Thanks for your sweet comment before!!! They seriously perk me right up. :)
As for Organic ... you are talking to a hugeee fan of Whole Foods.
BIG Yes, my feeling the price will definitely decrease once there are more demands...again, there's no price tag on our health yes?!
~Happy Spring*
This post is just plain funny! It cracks me up! I haven't tried the whole organic thing . . . you and I are our Mrs are on the exact same page on this. We have a tooth for everything and I just don't know how the whole organic thing would go over for us. And the price too! I do love stopping into the local Whole Foods every now and again though . . . there stuff always looks so damn good!!
I'm on the journey to a healthy lifestyle as well. Aren't we all? haha. Anyway, organic milk is wonderful and so much better for you. The taste is much better, imho. I'm still trying to work my way into fresh organic produce, but like you said, it's so much more expensive!
ooo..LOVE your blog!! :) I will spend the afternoon playing 'catch up' to your previous posts! :) And girl, the J.Crew yard sale is to DIE for! It's only the 1st Saturday of the month..but the Clearance Store is open every day! I def. recommend the top..it's fabulous!
Hi! I recently went private after a little incident...email me at loulouinlilly@gmail.com if you'd like an invite!
Thanks for the sweet comment! I love the pic on your blog... too cute!
When you read about what is in non-organic milk, you will pay any amount for organic. It is revolting really. The twins eat all organic. "Earth's Best" baby food because I'm too darn busy to make my own. I never would have researched food the way I have before kids. After tons of research I have determined it is so worth it. But you could always wait & save the money until Elenor & Natasha get here! (Twins??!! It IS twice the fun!)
Great post. Glad I stopped by. Have a great weekend.
Glad you enjoyed the pics of Katie's wedding. We've also had the organic discussion as well. Would love to do it, but it does seem more expensive.
Oh, and don't put the "little ones" off too long. Babies are great! :)
Post a Comment