
or are they called Caramel deLites?
I'm a sucker for GirlScout Cookies. I ordered three (yes I said THREE) boxes from a guy in the 2nd year class who was selling them for his daughter. I swear, it was a while ago, and my new work out plan was nowhere in sight! As a matter of fact, I had almost forgotten them until he saw me in the hallway and told me to "meet him in the basement. They are in my locker downstairs."
So, I happily trotted downstairs, handed him my $10.50 and loaded my tote full of Tag-alongs, Thin Mints, and Samoas. However, my boxes didn't say Tag-alongs, Thin Mints, and Samoas. They said Peanut Butter Patties, Thin Mints, and Caramel deLites. Luckily, they taste just as yummy! What about y'all? First, what are your favorite GS cookies? Second, did you call them Samoas or Caramel deLites growing up? Just wondering.
Onto the rest of my day. I must say, it wasn't nearly as sweet.

We had our conscious sedation practicum for Oral Surgery. In other words, we had to administer Nitrous Oxide, and actually start an I.V. line on each other! Yikes! Let me be more precise. I had to let a randomly assigned classmate put a NEEDLE in my arm and try to be professional about it! Yes, I started an I.V. line on him in return. That part didn't bother me, though. It was definitely the part where I had to lie there, let him tourniquet my arm, stab me in the "elbow pit," and try to be a grown up.
I wouldn't say I'm needle-phobic per say...but growing up Little Miss always had to get her shots first, because she wouldn't cry. Then it was my turn, and I'd have to take my shots without crying since I'm the big sister! In addition, I may have screamed out loud when I donated blood for the first time in high school. Strangely enough, it doesn't bother me at all to give shots. I guess that's a pretty good thing considering the whole dentist thing and all!
Needle-ss to say (I couldn't help myself!), I'm glad that part of school is over! One last painful hurdle to jump before graduation!

p.s. Mr. and I didn't really get to celebrate Fat Tuesday, so we're postponing for the weekend! We're thinking some wine and Thai food! haha, not exactly authentic, but it just sounds so good!

7 comments:
Girl Scout cookies are the best. My fav is the Caramel deLites. I've always called them Caramel deLites but I remember my mom calling them Samoas. ??
1.My faves are thin mints. I could really eat the whole box in one sitting.
2. I can remember when my husband had to do the IV and NO. Have you already delivered the shots to each other. It took his partner like 5 times and his whole face was numb!haha Good times in ental school!
Thin mints are the absolute best! My HS coach's wife told me possibly the most amazing trick ever. First you take a thin mint and bite about a quarter off of one side. Then you turn it 180 degrees and bite a quarter off directly across from it.. Finally, take a glass of milk and literally DRINK the milk through the "thin mint straw"... HEAVEN!
Oh my goodness... I have had some of the worst problems with oral surgery.. Reading about those needles and Nitrous Oxide makes me start to shake literally!!! AHHH! Haha.. you are VERY brave!
I love the cookies, and I'm with you on the old school names.
Thai food is good any time- I am actually having some today for lunch :)
1. Samoas are my absolute fave!
2. I called them Samoas. In fact, I just got a box (2 actually -- which are almost gone) and it said Samoas. Maybe, I'll have to buy another box to see what it says. ;)
3. Thanks for stopping by! I love your rainy day post, especially the vintage toile umbrella and polka dot wellies.
Samoas - definitely. Hands down. I won't even touch Carmel delights.
*Laugh*
-E
This is so funny. I had the same thoughts today. A lady at work was selling girl scout cookies. I bought 3 boxes (2 thin mints and 1 carmel delite). YIKES... But to me they are Thin Mints, SAMOAS and TAG-ALONGS...
Post a Comment