Sunday, July 5, 2009

Berry Patriotic

Little Miss and I decided to make fruit pizzas to bring to our friends' cook out. It was so much fun!

Here's the recipe:
2 packages of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
(you could make your own, but this was so easy!)
12 oz of cream cheese
1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp of almond extract
1/2 tsp of lemon extract
(you could also use Vanilla extract, but I didn't have any)
Your favorite fruits!


Spread the cookie dough on the bottom of one pizza pan or two round cake pans.
Use a fork to poke the dough, or else it may turn out a little more "deep dish" style!
Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes.
Let it cool completely.
Mix cream cheese, sugar, and extract. Spread on cooled cookie dough crusts, and decorate!




14 comments:

QueenBeeSwain said...

fruit pizza is always such a hit! so perky and how do you not love a dessert that is as easy as pie plus lets you use all of the great berries that are in season right now!

kHm

BLC :o said...

Mmmmm! Delish. Xoxo-BLC

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

OOHHH! So pretty!!!! too pretty to eat...

ok, I did say "too pretty to eat", but since you took a picture...

um...I want some!

You girls did an awesome job!

Anonymous said...

How fun are those fruit pizzas! Just found your blog! Will be back :)

jenn said...

omg those are so cute - love them!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

They look too cute to eat!

sweet tea in a pink glass said...

So cute! I love it!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

The fruit pizzas are too cute. Delicious!

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Those look soooooooooooooo yummy!!!!!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

Such a cute idea! I've never heard of this before and am certainly going to have to give it a try!

Unknown said...

I've never heard of a fruit pizza before! What a fun idea :)

Krissy Lynnae said...

Those are so pretty! I bet they are yummy too. I'll have to try this! Thanks!

Miss Madras said...

Thank you for sharing this. I have cookie dough that I bought just to try this and haven't gotten around to it yet. This is motivation to ake it up.

Kate said...

So pretty and so yummy looking!