Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Little M.J.

So, I didn't think I'd really be one to comment on Michael Jackson...but, I was on the elliptical at the gym and switched it to the TV Guide Channel to see what was on and didn't change the channel. It was the Michael Jackson Memorial service. I only saw the last maybe 15 minutes, but my throat had a huge knot in it, and I swear my eyes were a tad on the misty side.
I won't say much, but I just think about Michael Jackson as a little boy, and it really breaks my heart. He was SO talented, and just such an adorable kid. Clearly, it was before my time, but seeing some of the early footage makes it clear why he and his brothers were such a sensation.
Now, I've never ever thought this before, but while I was watching the memorial it struck me. MJ's son Prince & daughter Paris favor Brooke Shields. I don't want to launch a controversy, but I just noticed it, and I can't keep the observation to myself. It is clear that they were very close throughout the years, and it just honestly makes sense that she could potentially be the mother. What do you think?

{source}

{source}

11 comments:

Kristen said...

That's an interesting thought about Brooke Shields possibly being the mother. Maybe compare photos of MJ's kids to Shields' daughters Rowan and Grier? I think they're about 6 and 3 now.

Krissy Lynnae said...

Wow, food for thought...hmm intrestingly enough. I can see how that is plausible.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I was a little teary-eyed myself a few times.

Iva Messy said...

I totally cried my eyes out watching his daughters tribute.

heartbreaking.

<3,
Iva

jenn said...

ooo that's so weird - i never thought about brooke shields before but that picture of paris and then brooke as a younger girl - VERY similar. you may be on to something here!!

CTB said...

Wow, that's eerie. I never would have thought of that, but you make a good point.

Miss Madras said...

Interesting theory..... however I don't think the kids are his at all. I don't see any shared genetic characteristics with him. Perhaps as this next act plays out we might know more. It's all just one tragic story.

Natalie said...

That is a definite plausible theory. It's rumored that neither MJ or his ex-wife were the biological parents to the older kids. She was simply a surrogate. I can definitely see the resemblance.

PoshMomma said...

CONTROVERSY LAUNCHED! They DO look like her. My fave part was John Mayer's tribute, understated & appropriate.

~M~ said...

I was thinking the same thing! They look alike!

Ashley said...

I watched when she spoke at his Memorial and she said it had been 10 yrs or so since they had last seen each other plus she has kids of her own...so no I don't think so. But you are right. She does look like Paris ( his daughter )