Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Mom's a Blogger!

Welcome Mom!

My mom just joined all of us in the blogworld! ;)
She is SO wonderful and talented, and so very excited to be joining in all the fun! Please stop by her blog {CLICK HERE} and say hello! She has a counter on her page, and it's so exciting when those numbers climb! I'm the first of many followers, I'm sure...and I'm so proud!

She's been reading my blog and so many of yours. It's actually been pretty funny, because we'll call each other and say, "OH, you've GOT to check out so-and-so's blog. They remind me of you...!" haha!

Her site is called "Personalized Sketches and Sentiments." All our lives, mom was an artist who was able to take orders and work from home. It was absolutely wonderful to have her home with us kids, and we were all inspired by her artwork. Most popular are her personalized pen and ink drawings. She's literally drawn anything you can imagine. Golfers, helicopters, pets, business logos, sorority badges, on and on... They've been given to celebrate new babies, promotions, retirement, graduation, weddings, etc. What makes them so amazing, is that they are completely made with a first or last name throughout. 
It's hard to really understand until you've seen one, so she has a really clear drawing on her website.  Also, here's one she did for a sorority sister of mine. It's a nautilus shell with an excerpt from The Chambered Nautilus poem (which holds special meaning to all of us Kappa Delta ladies!)
(sorry it's not the best quality shot!  I know there's a reflection of the camera flash...but try to click on it to see it zoomed in!  It says "Ashley" throughout the shell!)

Ooooh!  And, she's hosting a giveaway in celebration of her blog "Grand Opening!"  It's a Personalized Sketch of an eagle, and it's oh-so patriotic. Which I love.

5 comments:

BLC :o said...

Aweee! How cute. Xoxo-BLC

Anonymous said...

That's so cute that you and your mom are both blogging. Welcome, mom!

BLC :o said...

Hi again, I failed to mention I tagged you in my post yesterday. Xoxo-BLC

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Thank you "BLC" for following... :o)

Haha, Thank you to "The Cape House"... I am learning all about blogging, slowly, but surely. Now when I get My etsy shop open by this week and photos of the sample artwork up for listing, I'll really be amazed! Do stop by :o)

And to my lovely daughter (aka theluckiestmrs :o)
Thank you for your encouragement and support! I appreciate your thoroughness at the description of the Personalized Sketches... after all the shows that you kids grew up, sitting beneath or behind the tables with your projects... you can quote my explanations to a "T"!

Love you "as big as the whole wide world!"

yours truly... said...

I love that ink drawing!! What a neat special gift!! Your moms comment is so, so sweet!!

Glad Malone is feeling better!!! Poor baby!!!