Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers' Day!


Dad,
Happy Fathers' Day! You are so amazing! You are a wonderful, giving father, and a sweet husband to Mom. Thank you for always cheering for me at swim meets and soccer games. Thank you for always sneaking a $20 bill in my pocket when I visit "for gas money." Thank you for grilling all those guys along the way (even though I was embarrassed at the time!) Because, I know now that the one that survived the one-on-one drive to Starbuck's for interrogation was worth it all! ;) Thank you for showing me that it's always a good idea to say Hello and befriend everyone you meet. Thank you for praying with each of us before bed and anytime we came to you with a problem (from having a scary dream in the middle of the night...to being nervous before interviews for dental school.) Thank you for always making us laugh, for dancing with us in the kitchen, for just being you! You are amazing, and I thank God every day for blessing me with such a loving Dad!
Love,
The Luckiest Daughter

14 comments:

Iva Messy said...

that was beautiful!! Daddys are amazing!! :) Happy Fathers Day to yours!! :0)

<3

Krissy Lynnae said...

Aww, how sweet. This makes me miss my dad.

Adrienne said...

Awww these are the sweetest pictures! He sounds like and awesome dad!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

the pictures are gorgeous. I hope you had a great father's day!

~M~ said...

AW! So sweet! :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

That last picture is just too sweet!

chelsea said...

genuine and lovely:)

BLC :o said...

Those photogs are melting my heart!!! Xoxo-BLC

Moore Minutes said...

This is a very touching post! He sounds like a GOOD dad, you truly are a LUCKY girl! ;)

KAC said...

What a sweet post. I love the pictures! So great to meet another KD sister!! xoxo

Miss Sweet Tea said...

This is just the sweetest! I love the pictures!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh, sweet girly-whirly! I love your post and the photos. *sigh* memories of you pop in my head:

like the long road trip from WI to AL. You just turned 2, in our little Plymouth Horizon,strapped into your carseat with bags and stuff piled on both sides of you (you couldnt see out the sides and would have to climb into your little cave!) but you were happily chattering away...

Dad and I would count to see how long between your ramblings...1...2. 1. 1...2...3. 1..2 Yep, you would talk and talk and only have those short 1 to 3 second pauses! haha And dad and I would be chuckling in the front!

We love you! big as the whole wide world! (hey, just realized I can say "big as the www!")

preppyplayer said...

Beautiful loving tribute. The bottom photo of you both dancing makes me tear up :)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

oh, meant to let you know... stop by my blog and pick up the award I have for you :o)