Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sunny Days

Yesterday was just such a beautiful sunny day!  I only had to give a presentation at school, and I was able to spend the rest of the day at home.  I was home in time for lunch, and I ate a broccoli salad on the back steps so I could watch Malone run around the back yard.  It was so perfectly warm and breezy, I truly contemplated laying out.  So, it may have only been 67 degrees, but it was gorgeous and sunny and the backyard was calling my name!  
 I was thisclose to dragging my lounge chair, towel, and tanning oil into the back yard.  Only two things stopped me.  The next door neighbor's gardeners!  Honestly, why of all days do they have to spend the ENTIRE beautiful afternoon planting pansies?  For goodness sake, they planted enough pansies for the whole neighborhood.  I guess it may not have been a big deal, but Lord knows I wasn't about to bear all in my bikini for the first time all year in front of the gardeners. Instead, I cooped up inside...occasionally peeking through the blinds to see if maybe the coast was clear.  No luck!
Guess it was for the better, because I sure got a lot of laundry done.
Therefore...somehow:
+
=
It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold:  when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.
-Charles Dickens

3 comments:

Heather Grindstaff said...

Love the quote! Enjoy the sunshine!!

Jennifer said...

I am so ready to lay out also! I agree with hGb about loving that quote!

Kayce said...

Too funny about the gardeners!