Saturday, March 7, 2009

Daylight Savings & a fun Saturday!

I know we "lose" an hour of sleep tonight, but I'm actually so excited that it'll be brighter later!  Not to mention that it means we are one step closer to warm weather!  Also, I'm just so glad that it's finally the weekend!  This weekend is particularly fun because Mr. has the whole weekend off!  It's like vacation, practically!  Last night, we worked out, went out to eat at a Mongolian Barbecue (have you ever had Mongolian Barbecue?), poured a couple glasses of wine, and just relaxed!  It was wonderful! 
-side note on the Mongolian Barbecue, the Officer's Club when Dad was stationed in Hawaii always had Mongolian Barbecue Thursday nights, and we kids loved it! The way it works is, you have a plate and everything you need is laid out for you: thinly sliced raw meats to be cooked after choosing, fresh veggies, etc.  So, each person gets to pick what kind of meat and how much they want of it, veggies, sauces...then, the chefs cook it all for you on top of a big round grill top.  Whenever we go with Mr's family, the boys and his dad all kind of compete as to who can pile up the most food in their one bowl.  I think Mr outdid himself yesterday!  The chefs were cracking up when we walked up to the grill!  He had constructed an extension of his bowl by sticking bell pepper slices like spokes around the edge of his bowl! His dad would've been proud! haha!  I wish I had taken a picture of it! Silly Mr!-
This afternoon, we are going out to a little winery nearby with a group of friends from school.  It's the warmest day we've had all year, and we're so excited to be able to wear something slightly spring-y and just spend time outside!  Wonder if it's too early for a sun dress...maybe with a cardigan?  It's supposed to be in the 70s, but I'm not sure if I believe that or not!
Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your Saturdays!  Don't forget to set your clock ahead an hour tonight!

6 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Sounds like a fun weekend for both of you! Unfortunately, my Mr. is working all weekend-boo!

Hope you have a great time!

P.S.-I love the name of your blog :)

Darci White said...

So glad I saw this on your blog - we would have been late for a few things tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

A little winery date sounds great right about now~! I'm soo happy that it's finally warming up!! :)

Jessica said...

Losing an hour of sleep = :(
I forgot, and made plans to go to the gym early before church tomorrow. It's gonna be rough!
But- more sunlight is SOOOO worth it!

Jennifer said...

Have a great weekend with your man! That is too funny about him sticking the peppers around his plate. My boyfriend tries to eat a lot too. I don't get why men do that, but I guess it's a guy thing. Haha!

jenn said...

BD's Mongolian BBQ is the best thing ever! :) We ate at one in Boulder, CO years ago, and then we just got one near us in Wisconsin last year. I was so excited!!