Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Queen for a Day!


What a fun surprise!  Thank you, Posh Momma for the sweet award!  Posh Momma is a super-stylish mom of adorable twin girls she calls the "Twincesses," she is always sharing the sweetest, funniest stories with us, and I'm just honored that she thought of me!  Her blog is top-secret, so I feel pretty darn lucky that I get the sneak peek into her adorable life!

So, as Queen , we are to:

1.List seven things that make us awe-summm.
2.Pass the award on to seven bloggers we love.
3.Tag those bloggers to let them know that they are now Queens of All Things Awe-Summm.
4.Don't forget to link to the Queen that tagged us.
5.If you would like, copy the pic and put it on your sidebar so everyone knows that you're a Queen.

Here are the next lucky seven girls to be "crowned!"

Miss Madras at Madras and Pearls

Simply Me at Simply Said...






All of your blogs and comments just make my day!  Each of you has such a great view on life, and I love all the fun stories you share!  You are all wonderful, and you definitely deserve to be Queen for the Day!!!


Now, I guess it's time to toot my own horn...I am awe-summm because:
  1. I'll try any food once.  And I usually love it!  There's a very very small list of foods I don't like, so I'm an easy house guest!
  2. I love talking with anyone I meet. I mean everyone...the postman, the elevator repair guy, the cashier at the lunchroom cafeteria...
  3. I'm an amazing bow-tier.  Seriously, my friends will show up to events with their belts/sashes/presents untied so that I can tie their bows pretty.
  4. Recipes always have a little wiggle room--and I think I'm a pretty good improviser when it comes to substitutions and "improvements."
  5. Mornings have always been easy-wake up calls for me.  Not saying that I don't enjoy sleeping in every so once in a while, but I can be up and at 'em at 4:45 am if you need me to.  (I attribute that to my retired-pilot Dad, and my college rowing days.)
  6. I am a whistle-ing fool.  No, not the super-loud sports-mom whistle, just the around the house whistling a tune type of whistle.
  7. Little Miss and I won every summer reading program contest by hundreds.  My mom always said, "Readers are Leaders."  And today, that's my 7th reason why I'm Queen of All things Awe-summm!
...now I've got to get back to studying for a Pathology final that has the potential to kick my royal behind.  Wish me luck!

12 comments:

Miss Sweet Tea said...

You are 100% awesome!!!!! Yay for the award :)

Darci White said...

This seriously just made my day. :) :) :)

Nothing has seemed to go right today and I most definitely did not come home from work tonight feeling "awe-summm"! Just one of those days, you know?! So, this was a nice surprise and lifted my spirits!

You are so sweet - and I love your blog.....I'm flattered!

I'll post about this tomorrow!!!
Darci

BLC :o said...

Aweeee! Many thanks!!! I have always wanted to be Queen!!! And, goooood luck. Wishing all A's your way! Xoxo-BLC

katie said...

what a cute award! and you do have some definite awesomeness (is that a word?)!

alanna said...

haha i looove your seventh reason that you're awesome; tootally appropriate!! and thank you so much for the award - it is totally a bright spot in my depressing day haha :)

Anonymous said...

you're too cute. fun facts! xo.

Jordan said...

I love your blog!! I just started following!

M.A. said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blogs! I love that fact that you are a great bow-tier - I definitely am NOT! hehe. Love your blog! xoxo!

PoshMomma said...

GOOD LUCK on your final! (I wish I could tie bows! As a mother of two girls I really need to amp up my bow finesse. Perhaps you could post a tutorial someday!)

valentine said...

i totally envy your ability to get up early and to tie bows, i suck at both! LOL i agree with poshmomma, you should definitely do a bow tutorial someday.

i love your blog!

Adrienne said...

What a cute award! Haha...great list!

BLC :o said...

Phew! Mine is up!! Xoxo-BLC