Tuesday, November 17, 2009

101 + a giveaway!

Drumroll....this is my 101st post!

I've been trying to think of something exciting to do for my 100th, and that was dedicated to my Dad. This one is dedicated to all of you! Here is a little award that I put together with the help from my macbook.
(I take no credit for the formatting, because I'm just not that tech savvy!)

The Happy 101 Award is to thank the wonderful bloggers that make you smile!

Here are the rules:
List 10 things that make you happy.
(try to do one of those things TODAY!)

Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.
Make sure to link back to the person that tagged you!


My 10 things that make me happy:

1. Taking loooooong hot showers {I did this one today!}
2. Receiving cards, letters, or packages in the mail
3. Spending time with friends & family
4. Staying in for a date night with Mr. (renting a movie, carry-out, hot chocolate)
5. Scratching things off my to-do lists
6. Vacations
7. Sorority Rush (I know. These days, it's technically called "Recruitment", and I've been an alum for years.
But I still get excited about it!)
8. Reading fun magazines like Town&Country and RealSimple.
9. Snuggling puppies (especially our little puppy Malone) and babies!
10. Snow days!


10 ladies that brighten my day:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments-Mom, you are just so darn sweet. I can't help but be happy whenever you're around! (Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!)

BLC :o-A fellow Kappa Delta sister and Lilly lover...I've been addicted to your blog since day one.

Short Southern Momma-You are beautiful and so thoughtful! Your sweet comments always make me happy!

Queen Bee Swain-So stylish! & I love the fact that you're a coxswain. Your rowing stories always remind me of my days as stroke seat in college!

Ashley-What a sweetie! Your blog is so cute, and I'm still impressed by your card decorating and "audiotweet-ing" skills. ;)

Ashley Paige-Too cute...you and your hubby are adorable, and I'm obsessed with your Olde English Sheepdog. I think he & Malone would be BFFs!

CTB-Your blog is full of fun, fashion, yummy food...and all of it makes me smile!

Ams-A new follower! I love that we both understand what it's like to be in a relationship with 4th year med students! Goodness, can't wait til match day. ;)

Miss Sweet Tea-You are a star. Seriously, I have never seen so many followers so quickly! And no wonder, your posts are full of fun, and your stories are hilarious! I still laugh sometimes about your mom dressing up the puppies in all of their outfits!

Summer Wind-I'm proud that I was one of your first followers! Your blog reminds me of my college years, and I love that you're such a Frank Sinatra fan! Oh, and it's always fun to see your classic style in your "outfit of the day."

Some of you are new followers, and some of you have been with me from the start. Either way, all of your kind words and hilarious posts always make me smile! Thank you!


* * * * * * * * * *
As of tomorrow, I'm starting 101 days of Happy. I pledge to do at least one thing every day that either makes me or someone else happy. This means that I might send a card to an old friend, or bring cookies to a neighbor, or just treat myself to a manicure!
I'll still do my usual posts, but I'll keep you updated on my daily Happy treat. ;) Let me know if you decide to join in on the fun! & if you do, feel free to make it your own...maybe you'd like to start "7 days of happy" or "31 days of happy!"


For the giveaway...all of the info will be posted in my next entry!
Be sure to check it out!

22 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

OOOOOOH! Such a sweet award (aka blog hug!) I love your design/creation! Sweet recipe!

Thanks for passing this one to me :o) And what a great idea of a "Happy List"...I love awards with lists and fun facts about a blogger :o)

I can't wait to do this on a post and pass it on!

Blessings to our Sweet Girly Twirly :o)

Unknown said...

What a great commitment...101 days!!! Go get happy :)-

Red High Heels said...

What a great idea!! 101 days of happy!! That is a long time!! How fun!!

Ashley Paige said...

how stinkin' cute are you? thanks SO much for the award! i LOVE it!

CTB said...

You are too adorable for words! Thank you for thinking of me. I think your 101 Days of Happy idea is fantastic! What a great and selfless plan to make this world a friendlier place.

Ashley said...

OMG !! Thank you so much for thinking about me and your sweet words ! I am so excited and I can't wait to pass this along..love it !! 101 days of happiness great idea !

Anonymous said...

oooooo girl you just made my week! Thank you SO much for thinking of me! I am so excited! I will totally post it tomorrow! I loved your list and the 101 things...Fabulous idea! Hope your having a great day! xoxo

jenn said...

101 days of happy is a WONDERFUL idea!! imagine if everyone joined in :)

Moore Minutes said...

Congrats on 100 delightful posts...each one! :)

And I like your list of 10! I'm with you on #5 and#6.

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

thank you thank you thank you!!! you did an amazing job designing your award! Cannot wait to share my 10 things that make me happy! Town and country is my favorite too!

Molly said...

101 day of happy is so brilliant. You can't help but be positive! I love love love crossing off my to do list, glad I'm not the only one :)

QueenBeeSwain said...

this is such an inspired idea- thank you for sharing and this'll be a fun one to put some thought into!

xoox

kHm

Libbie said...

Congratualitions on your 100th post! I just found you through one of the awards you gave to someone else! Fun to find you & as a blogger only about 1 month in I look forward to seeing how you survived 100 posts! :) Keep inspiring!

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Yay yay yay!! I'm so excited about this award...you are so sweet. Congratulations on your 101st post too!

The Undomestic Mom said...

love you blog!!!

Anonymous said...

how cute!
Im just over 100 posts too!!
looking forward to many more!

tracy said...

Hello
I am new to your blog,I think its great!
I know your mom,and I think shes great too.
I'll becoming around from time to time so I sighed up to follow,so I dont lose you.
Congrats... on your 100th post and the cool award you made.
PS; I can see your mom passed on her sweet and energized sprit to you...oh, and I saw all the cute pictures of you on the video at your moms blog...all so very adorable.
Blessings
Gracie

mrs.mfc said...

I tagged you on my blog today!

http://mrsmfc.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I left you a little something over at my blog. Hope your having a great Thanksgiving! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon your blog! Excited to follow :) Hope you're enjoying your Thanksgiving weekend! XOXO

Anonymous said...

so cute! i love a long, hot shower too...especially in the winter. Just cozies me right up!

just found your blog...new follower!

Raymonde said...

Hi, I am so excited, I found the founder of this award. I have often wondered when I receive awards where they come from.
Your mum pointed me in your direction for this one. What an excellent idea you had and a lovely design.
Have a particularly good week.
Happy blogging!
Blessings. xxx