Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New House, No Internet

So I'm posting from my iPhone which is always interesting!
We're in our new house!! Woohoo! I love it, and we actually have about 90% of our things put away where they belong (thanks to my ever motivated Mr!). Problem is: being that we are the first house built on a new street, it seem no cable/Internet company knows if they service out house! Not a single, darn one. Supposedly we should be hearing back in the next few days IF we can get cable/Internet & at that time we can schedule an appointment for setting up service! Good grief! Oh well, in the meantime we've been living Little House on the Prairie style-we gave furniture away when we moved out from our last place (including a gorgeous dark wicker chair that i pretty much loved) so we could squeeze all the "essentials" into our moving van, and entertain ourselves by singing to eachother, and ground our own corn for grits...okay not really the last part so much. We HAVE visited our new grocery store which is practically like a new world compared to the Krogers and Meijers that we're used to. Oh! And we have our new puppy, Eloise-she is so sweet & hilarious! She's the classic little sister, wanting to do everything her big brother does...including toting around all of his toys which are three times her size.
Anyhow, sorry this was rambling and picture-less, but I promise to post pictures as soon as I can!

5 comments:

Michelle A'etonu said...

glad you're starting to get settled. the last house we rented was in el paso in a brand new area and it was a pain getting service out there too. we had to wait almost a month to have internet/tv set up because people were moving into that area like crazy. anyway, can't wait to see pics of the house!

Wendy said...

Congrats on the new house. Can't wait to see pics. Hoping you get cable and internet soon. I couldn't handle not having either...
oh on a side note.. I had to take down my blog due to lurkers at the office...once I get out of there I will relaunch madras 'n pearls.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

:o) Sorry you are still cable/internet-less! We are so excited about flying to see all of you and your beautiful home! ...yay! the countdown is on...4 days til we are there.

Love ya to pieces!!!

Whitney said...

How crazy are you going with no internet?? haha Have fun getting all settled in :)

Joyce said...

OK I'm impress that you posted from your phone! You should see some of my texts and the words it picks up, so I could only image how my post would turn out. :-)
I hope you will be hooked up soon. In the meantime enjoy your new addition to the family and happy 4th! xo