Monday, February 15, 2010

Q&A and Snow Day!



My patient didn't show up to clinic this morning, so Malone and I got to have a little fun playing in the snow! He is SO funny bouncing around in the winter wonderland!!

Since I'm home, I thought I'd go ahead and answer some more of your questions from before.

Llama asked: "You are in amazing shape...how do you do it?"

Answer: Well, first of all, thank you Llama for the compliment! ;) As far as staying in shape...it's so much easier in the summer time for me. I think it'd be fair to say that I've got a little winter padding going on these days...haha! Mr is really the health-guru of the family, and I'm so inspired by him. He LOVES going to the gym. You know, the type that gets thrown off if they don't get their daily work out. Me? Not so much. I try to work out most days...so I plan for 7 days/week, and if I get to around 5 days then I'm perfectly happy. I usually stick to cardio with only very light weights occasionally. I was on the rowing team/crew in college and ever since then I have insane muscle memory and I will wind up looking like Arnold Schwarzenneger if I do too much in the weights department. Not kidding. Basically, 45-60 minutes of cardio (elliptical machine, jogging, etc) 5x/week.
{my rowing days}

Cindi asked: "Do you prefer coffee or tea?"

Answer: In the morning-coffee with lots of cream. Any other time of the day, and heck, even in the morning-iced tea. Ordinarily, I'd say sweet tea...but these days I cheat with a little Splenda instead. (My parents want us to switch to SweetLeaf or Truvia.) I've told the story before, but it's true, so I'll say it again. When I was growing up my primary chore was to fix a pitcher of sweet tea. Every. Day. Some days we'd be lucky if it lasted through dinner! ;)

Nat asked: "When did you decide you wanted to be a dentist and why?"

Answer: I decided that I wanted to be a dentist during my senior year of college. I was actually in a program where I was accepted into medical school out of high school, and that had always been the plan. Until I had rotations in the E.R., and that kinda changed things for me. I just knew I couldn't deal with life and death every single day. So, I took a preview to dentistry course in college to see what I thought about it...and it was a perfect fit! I love arts & crafts...and I love science/healthcare/helping people. Dentistry really is a perfect combination of art and science! *cue angels singing a heavenly tune* I actually took a year off after college to work at both a physician's office and a dentist's office to make sure that I was making the right decision. And here I am...oh, 82 days until graduation (not that I'm counting!) I'm so excited!

Mrs. Potts asked these 3 questions: "What is your favorite piece of jewelry?"

Answer: I really don't have a ton of jewelry, but all the pieces that I have are pretty meaningful! Here are my top four:
{clockwise from top left: Mr's first anniversary gift to me, Dad brought me this personalized cartouche from Egypt, my grandmother's opal ring that she designed herself, and my engagement ring and wedding band}

"What is your favorite exercise?"

Answer: If favorite means the one I do most often...elliptical machine. If favorite means the exercise that's the most fun...tennis.

"How old is Malone & how did you pick him?"

Malone will be 2 years old in April. We decided to get a cocker spaniel, because we both are "big dog" types, but we didn't have room for a bigger dog yet. Malone is a perfect size (around 25-30 pounds) and a perfect personality!!! He is absolutely the sweetest, friendliest little puppy ever! He adores meeting new people, and he follows us around the house like a shadow. When we met the litter, we also got to meet his parents, and they were very calm and sweet...we know not all cocker spaniels are like that, so we knew it was a good sign! We held Malone and all of his brothers and sisters, but it was just a perfect fit with him. He snuggled up and let us hold him like a baby. Mr calls him our "dog son!" haha
{Malone when he was a baby}

{Snow-bear-malone this morning}

Ashley asked: "What is your favorite hobby when you have down time?"

Answer: My favorite hobby changes sometimes. I always like to read-especially old classics and of course, I also like to catch up on y'all's blogs! Right now I'm having fun crocheting a little surprise for one of my friends.

Better than Candy asked: "Describe yourself in 3 words... :)"

Answer: Caring, Blessed, Cheerful

18 comments:

Ashley said...

Awesome answers !! Thanks for answering my question. A friend of mine years ago taught me how to crochet and I haven't tried in so long that I forgot how..lol but it's a fun pastime.
Thanks for joining in on the giveaway !

Anonymous said...

those were great!

Ams said...

Aw, I love your answers... and your jewelry - oh sweet mercy... it is GORGEOUS!!!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Yay I love this!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you a little better! Stay warm =) xoe

Brown Girl said...

Totally know what you mean on the building muscle part...If i do too many weights my arms get too buff looking! Ha, guess it's not that bad of a problem to have!

Cindi said...

Thanks for answering my silly little question and for stopping by my blog. I just can't gt through a summer day without sweet tea. I usually set a gallon jar full of water and several tea bags in the sun in the early a.m. and it's ready by lunch time. Yum!

Jamie said...

All of your jewelry is beautiful! And I know how you feel about having to make sweet tea...my hubby drinks it like water!

Natalie said...

Great questions & answers.

And I love the opal ring from your grandmother. It's not only my birthstone, but also my hubby's & daughters. I've always thought it was so pretty.

Also, being a southern girl I completely understand about the sweet tea. We can go through 3 pitchers a day. Easy.

Annie said...

this was fun to read! i love getting to know bloggy friends even better! :)

your pup is adorable playing in the snow!

Mrs. Potts said...

I love your pictures of your four faves. I have some of my grandmother's jewelry - my engagement ring was her solitaire reset for me.

Malone looked super sweet with his snow-stache!

Alissa said...

I loved the q&a great learning more.

Llama said...

Thank you so much for answering! I think I need to up my workout schedule to at least 5x's a week...you have inspired me! I hear the rowing is really tough...you go girl! BTW...your rings are so gorgeous!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Aw! Snow-bear malone is so dog-gone cute! haha
hm..wonder if I have that one amazing "buff' photo of you during your rowing days! Serious muscles! And I cannot forget the image of your torn off nail during one of your races! ouch!

I love that you had "Lola's" opal ring attached to your wedding bouquet!

Blessings and big hugs and lots and lots of love!
-mom-

BLC :o said...

Oh M is just soooo cute in the snow!!! I love the Q&A!!! Xoxo-BLC

Seizing My Day said...

New visitor... I clicked the follow button as soon as I saw Malone!! =) We have a Cocker Spaniel/ King Charles Cavalier Spaniel Mix... Cockalier?! Merlin =) 7 months! You can see him at the bottom of my current post!

Just Jenn~ www.seizingmyday.com

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Just a quick hop over to let you know...
I have something for you...and even if you have had this one given to you already...just know that I was thinking of ya, darling daughter! Come and take a peek at what it is...

~mom~

PoshMomma said...

I tagged you in my Blog: http://theposhmommas.blogspot.com/ because I follow you & think others should too! xoxo ~ The Posh Momma:)